1. Will Bruce Arians be fired?
1a. Who would replace Arians?
2. Which free agents will be retained?
The current list of pending unrestricted free agents (via Mondesishouse) going into the 2010 season is as follows:
QB Charlie Batch, LB Rocky Boiman, S Tyrone Carter, S Ryan Clark, DE Nick Eason, NT Casey Hampton, DE Travis Kirschke, RB Willie Parker, K Jeff Reed, CB Deshea Townsend, and WR Joey Galloway.
RFAs (restricted free agents) include these players:LB Patrick Bailey, OT Willie Colon, RB Carey Davis, DB Willie Gay, P Daniel Sepulveda, TE Matt Spaeth, and G Darnell Stapleton.
Santonio Holmes and LaMarr Woodley will be entering the last year of their contracts.
3. How will the negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement affect free agency?I'm no expert, but some major changes take effect if we enter 2010 without a new CBA. There will be no salary cap. Certain players, i.e. Willie Colon, will be restricted free agents as opposed to unrestricted. I think each team will have two franchise tags. Etc.
4. Will the Steelers get serious about special teams? Bobby April, one of the best special teams coaches in the league, was recently fired. Any chance the Steelers pursue him?
5. How will the team address the declining performance and increasing age of the defense? James Farrior, Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, James Harrison, Chris Hoke, Travis Kirschke, are all 30+. The secondary lacks talent. The depth at linebacker and safety is thin.
6. What positions will be targeted in the draft?
7. How will Joe Burnett, Kraig Urbik, Keenan Lewis, Limas Sweed, Ryan Mundy and Frank the Tank develop over the offseason?
8. Will the offensive line ever get an infusion of talent?
9. Who will be on the cover of Madden next year?
10. Will Kevin Colbert leave the Steelers to follow Bill Cowher if Cowher takes a coaching job?
What did I miss?